Moving to a new apartment condo, townhouse or home can be very stressful. Statistics actually state that moving is one of the top three most stressful things to do. From the entire process of packing, loading, transporting and unpacking can leave you completely exhausted. In addition, the stress of forgetting things along with the fear of damaging your belongings during transporting can make you completely overwhelmed. It is always better to plan in advance than try to remember to do everything needed at the last minute. This article provides you advice to assist with making with your moving process simpler.
One of the most frustrating and time consuming steps to moving is packing as well as unpacking all your belongings. Most people give up in between and find themselves being surrounded by huge mess. With organization and the proper moving supplies, packing can be done more efficiently. This will help speed up the unpacking process once you have arrived to your new location. For example, one way to speed up the unpacking process is by labeling boxes appropriately with what items are inside the box and what room you wish to unload the specific items in.
Listed below are few tips which can turn the moving process less arduous and much simpler:
Packing belongings can be very overwhelming. Where do you start? Cramming everything together will only damage the items. Here’s are smart hacks to pack fragile things and other materials without much hassle. Pack it in a way, that unpacking them is swift easy.
Finding it difficult to unpack clothes and rearrange them in the closet? Well, just put clothes while they are still hanging in a huge bag. They will stay hanging the way they were, this can be unpacked and hung easily.
Does the jewelry get tangled often while shifting? Do not worry. Just put the jewelry and necklaces in the egg cartons. This would prevent them getting tangled nor will they get misplaced.
Dishes are susceptible to breakage during transit. Placing Styrofoam plates in between will prevent breakage.
Filling all the materials in huge boxes is never a bad idea.
Hassle Of Organizing
Packing things and marking it accordingly will save a lot of trouble. Not only will one know what each box was meant for, also it will be easy to unpack them. Being well organized is the key to take care in the shifting process. Follow the below hacks to make moving less chaotic.
– Prepare a list foremost about which box consist of what items. One can also prepare the same in an excel sheet. Now, number the boxes according to the numbers in the inventory list. This would make it easy to know what is placed in each box. No more is the need to run around the house looking for a particular item. Just look at the inventory and one can know where it is placed.
– Before removing the wires from electronic devices, do not forget to snap a picture of the setting. Label each wire with different markings in order to remember which wire goes where. Thus, resetting the devices in the new home will not seem complex at all.
– Pack your boxes with different colored tapes according to the color of the room it will be placed in.
– Pack all the essential items such as clothes, toiletries, medical kit and others separately. All those things which would be needed frequently should be packed foremost.
Now that everything is well organized and arranged, the final day of moving will be less confusing. Amidst all the clutter and confusion, keeping a track of each person at home is also important. Here are some hacks to manage the transit easy way by managing kids and pets:
– Place some water and snacks for the pet. Place the pets in the same place, they were previously. This will tone down their anxiety and help them not run away.
– Arrange in the house you are moving into with enough cereals, milk, and cutlery.
– Keep all the important documents, cards, ID with self. This way they won’t get misplaced.
– Pack enough snacks, water and protein bars to stay hydrated during the transit.
Shifting to a new house is exciting but tiring too. Following an organized pattern and following these simple brainy hacks will surely make the journey a memorable one. (in a good way). If you’re looking for a full-service moving company in the Northern Utah, including, Roy, Layton, Ogden and surrounding areas, Contact A-1 Pioneer Moving & Storage today. You can reach us at (801) 328-4796 or get an online free quote. We’d love to help to take the stress out of your next move!